THE LATEST UPDATE
WEDNESDAY, MAY 4
Today is Wednesday, May 4, and while the weekend of our cancelled festival is behind us, the work to pick up the pieces is far from over.
Our first priority is to get our customers refunds for all tickets, camping passes and other festival options and we are working to make that happen as fast as possible. All customers will receive refunds – right now itâ€™s just a matter of when. We are currently working through the claim process with our insurer, and moving towards getting clarity on a timeline for customers to receive refunds. We still expect it to happen within the 30 days, hopefully sooner.
Thanks to all those who made the best of it: the attendees, the artists and music community who helped salvage a very difficult weekend. Thank you for your continued support and understanding, we will keep you updated.
– LEVITATION and The Reverberation Appreciation Society
THURSDAY, APRIL 28
Due to safety concerns regarding dangerous weather, Levitation 2016 has been canceled. This decision is heartbreaking, but itâ€™s a decision officials have made for the safety of festival attendees, and safety is our first priority.
We’ve been working with county officials trying to find a way to carry on, but at this point the decision has been made, and it is beyond our control. The cancellation is due to dangerous weather conditions in the forecast combined with weather complications to the grounds and the Colorado River.
We are completely devastated. We have been working for a year, looking forward to this weekend and seeing you all at the ranch. We know that many of you traveled from far away, and that this news is extremely disappointing for everyone.
At this point, the projected impact of the storms has intensified, and we are now left with no choice but to cancel. You may remember that in 2015 we had severe weather warnings as well, but were able to get through the weekend. The difference between 2015 and 2016 is the severity of the storms being predicted, including high wind, large hail and tornado warnings, combined with high water levels from last weekâ€™s flooding.
We have tried every avenue to continue with the festival, and the county has been working with us to find a way, but today at 5:00pm the final decision was made to cancel the festival due to public safety concerns related to severe weather. Following this announcement, the festival has to evacuate the site, meaning that staff and equipment must be loaded out. This leaves us with no opportunity to continue the festival later in the weekend. Even if the weather has improved drastically on Sunday, we would be unable to produce an event at the ranch.
We will be working to keep everyone updated. Please see information on refunds, potential venue shows and other important info below.
– LEVITATION and The Reverberation Appreciation Society
This page will be updated with official news as it comes.
TONIGHTâ€™S EVENTS & CREDENTIAL PICKUP
The Thursday Kick Off events tonight are still happening; the bad weather is forecasted to come in on Friday.
Tickets still remain for each show and will be available at the doors. Tickets are $15.
Door times are as follows:
EMPIRE – doors at 5:30
MOHAWK – doors at 6:30pm
BARRACUDA – doors at 8:00pm
WEEKEND PASSES, DEUXE PASSES, CAMPING PASSES, and FRIDAY, SATURDAY and SUNDAY tickets will not be available for pickup at Cheer Up Charlie’s as previously planned. Please see the refund information below.
People picking up PRESS, ARTIST & GUEST wristbands can still head to Cheer Up Charlie’s (next to Mohawk), to pick up these credentials to get into these three shows.
Festival representatives will be issuing refunds through Front Gate Tickets, and contacting all those who purchased tickets by email shortly. All ticket types, including Weekend Passes, Deluxe Passes, Single Day Tickets, Camping Passes, Camping Rentals and RV spots will be refunded. Due to the nature of the refund process, these refunds will not be instant, but will be made within 30 days. We are working to expedite that process and will keep customers updated. We are working with our insurance company to develop a definitive timeline and will be in touch as soon as we have more information.
CAMPERS & RV
We fully realize that campers who expected to stay in the campgrounds this weekend are left in a difficult situation. Please see a list of hotels with availability in the Austin area HERE. For RV Campers, you can find a list of RV sites HERE.
POTENTIAL DOWNTOWN SHOWS
We’ll be working around the clock to book as many shows as we can at inside venues in downtown Austin this weekend, so stay tuned. We expect that some artists will still be able to perform this weekend in Austin. These shows will be subject to capacity and tickets will need to be purchased separately, pursuant to each individual venueâ€™s ticketing procedures. Tickets purchased for Levitation will NOT be honored for any subsequent shows artists play or at any other venue.
Unfortunately, no refunds other than festival tickets (including camping passes and all other ticketing options) will be available. We realize many festival attendees have incurred costs for travel and festival preparation, and we encourage patrons to contact airlines and hotels to inquire about cancellation related refunds.
We will post information here as soon as it becomes available.
All publicly available information is posted above and on this website. If you have additional questions you can contact us here: firstname.lastname@example.org